Sunday 13 October 2013

I Can't Go Nak'ed In Any Movie – Actress Bimbo Thomas



Bimbo Thomas is an actress that has carved a name for herself in the acting world and plays all sorts of roles but the one that has stuck on her is “her as a gangster” – remember her in Omo Ghetto, Omo Iya Ijo and it seems she’s been stereotyped. 

This is an excerpt fro a recent interview she granted ThisDay:

How do you feel when people look at you with that eye of a street girl or thug?
Surprisingly, people can see beyond that gangsterism. People saw that beyond that gangster that I portray there is a posh, calm, Bimbo Thomas. On a good day, you won’t see me use those slangs because I want people to see me differently from Nikky. Bimbo Thomas is gentle, I only do the street thing behind the camera, when the director says, action.

After Omo Ghetto, you’ve done a lot of gangster roles, how do you intend to check stereotypes? Talking about stereotypes, I saw it coming. If I have to do anything gangster, it has to be serious. There has to be a story, I won’t do any script that is shallow, that the producer is just interested in selling gangsterism. I’m a consummate actress and I can play any role so I won’t be stereotyped. When I say I can play any role, it does not include going nak'ed in a movie. So when I notice that people want to give me that role because they feel that is all I can do, I convince them to give me some other roles. So far so good, I’ve been able to convince them to give me other roles.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...